2016 — New York, Lennon, Weinberg, Inc. Panamax: New Paintings and Watercolors, February 18-March 26.
2014 — New York, Lennon, Weinberg, Inc. Richard Kalina: New Paintings and Watercolors, February 20-March 29.
2012 — New York, Lennon, Weinberg, Inc. Richard Kalina: New Paintings and Watercolors, January 19-February 25.
2010 — New York, Lennon, Weinberg, Inc. Richard Kalina: A Survey of Works 1970-2010, June 10-August 13.
2009 — New York, Lennon, Weinberg, Inc. New Paintings and Watercolors, March 26-May 2.
2006 — New York, Lennon, Weinberg, Inc. New paintings and watercolors, October 21 – November 27.
2003 — New York, Lennon, Weinberg, Inc. Richard Kalina: New Works, November 7 – December 20.
2001 — New York, Lennon, Weinberg, Inc. Richard Kalina: New Paintings and Selected Drawings 1990-2001, March 22 – April 21.
1998 — New York, Lennon, Weinberg, Inc. Richard Kalina, September 10 – October 10.
1995— New York, Lennon, Weinberg, Inc. Richard Kalina: New Paintings, November 16 – December 22.
1993 — New York, Lennon, Weinberg, Inc. Richard Kalina: New Paintings, September 30 – November 6.
1992 — New York, Diane Brown Gallery and New York, Ledis Flam Gallery.
1989 — New York, Elizabeth McDonald Gallery.
1988 — New York, Elizabeth McDonald Gallery.
1987 — New York, Piezo Electric Gallery.
1986 — Los Angeles, Piezo Electric Gallery; New York, Piezo Electric Gallery and Richard Kalina, May 8 – June 1 (catalogue).
1984 — New York, Tibor de Nagy Gallery.
1982 — New York, Tibor de Nagy Gallery.
1980 — New York, Tibor de Nagy Gallery.
1979 — New York, Tibor de Nagy Gallery.
1970 — Los Angeles, Jack Glenn Gallery and New York, O.K. Harris Gallery.
Aldrich Museum, Ridgefield, Connecticut
Amerada Hess Corporation
Arkansas Arts Center
Commodities Corporation, Princeton, New Jersey
Deloitte & Touche, New York
General Electric Corporation
GreenPoint Bank, New York
Guild Hall Museum, East Hampton, New York
Harvard University Art Museums, Fogg Art Museum
Indiana University Art Museum, Bloomington, Indiana
Indianapolis Museum of Art, Indianapolis, Indiana
Lehman Brothers, Kuhn, Loeb, Inc.
Milwaukee Art Museum, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Nasher Museum of Art, Duke University, Durham, NC
National Academy Museum, New York
National Museum of American Art, Washington, DC
New York University, Grey Art Gallery
Norton Museum of Art, West Palm Beach, Florida
Parrish Museum of Art, Southampton, NY
Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia
Plattsburgh State Art Museum, State University of New York, Plattsburgh
Rutgers University Art Museum
Simpson, Thatcher, Bartlett
Springfield Art Museum, Springfield, MO
United States Department of State
University of New Mexico Art Museum
Volvo, Gothenburg, Sweden
Wadsworth Atheneum, Hartford, CT
Yale University Art Gallery, New Haven
GRANTS AND AWARDS
1991-1992 — The National Endowment for the Arts, Visual Arts Fellowship
2001 — Best Show Award, International Association of Art Critics
2008 — Bogliasco Foundation Fellowship, Bogliasco, Italy
TEACHING, EDITORIAL, BOARD POSITIONS
- National Academy, Board of Governors
- Fordham University, New York 1990-present. Professor of Art.
- Yale University, New Haven, 2000-2001. Senior Critic.
- Bennington College, Bennington VT., 1999-2000. Art History faculty.
- Contributing Editor, Art in America.
RECENT LECTURES AND PANELS
Universidad Católica de Santiago de Guayaquil, Guayaquil, Ecuador. Lecture: “The State of Painting,” July 23.
Museo Municipal de Guayaquil, Guayaquil, Ecuador. Judge for national painting competition of Ecuador. July 20-24.
“Black and White: A Discussion with Jack Youngerman,” LongHouse Gardens, East Hampton, NY, June 29.
- Hunter College Times Square Art Galleries, Panel, “Conceptual Abstraction.”
- College Art Association Conference, NY.
- Moderator: “The Artist-Critic: The Critic-Artist.”
- Participant: “Pluralism as a Model for Art and Criticism,” on the panel, “Lawrence Alloway, Visual Culture and Contemporary Practice: A Discussion.”
- Hunter College Graduate program in Art History. Lecture, “Greenberg, Rosenberg and the Critical Framework of Abstract Expressionism.”
- New York Studio School. Panel, “Jack Tworkov and the Extreme of the Middle.”
- Cue Art Foundation, New York. Critical Roundtable.
- Tyler School of Art, Temple University, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania. “Outside and Inside: Art Worlds and the Making of an Artist.”
- Artists’ Legacy Foundation, Oakland, CA. Judge for Artists’ Legacy Foundation Award.
- Parrish Museum of Art, Southampton, NY. Curatorial participation, Mixed Greens.
- New York Studio School. Lecture: “The Dream of Aboriginal Art.”
- Cue Art Foundation, New York: Critical Roundtable I
- Cue Art Foundation, New York: Critical Roundtable II